Follow The TruthServer on Facebook!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Boehner Tells Dems: Fine. Have Your Damn Two Month Cut; Just Start Breathing Again

If the Democrats tell the House, Vote my way or I will hold my breath until I turn blue, then so be it.

As the parent of small children, I am quite familiar with the Please, Please, Please, Pretty Please, Dad routine. When a child does not get his way, he will often resort to saying Please over and over until you want to scream.

"Good" parents don't give into this; but, face it folks, once in a while we all say Screw it; have what you want, kid. Just shut up!

That is exactly what happened in Washington today. Rep. John Boehner and some Repubs in the House threw up their hands and told Obama, Screw it; have what you want, kid. Just shut up!

Congratulations to Obama and the Dems who managed to take a 12 month tax cut and reduce it to two months -- and guarantee that we will have to go through this crap all over again in a few weeks.

I may not agree with what Boehner did; but if the Democrats want to be juvenile and tell the House, Vote my way or I will hold my breath until I turn blue, then so be it.

I just can't wait until that first paycheck in January and the American people say: What tax cut?? I don't see any more money here? Where's my $40?

I look forward to the sob stories when the payroll companies cannot make the required software changes to get these new rules in effect, creating substantial problems, confusion and costs affecting a significant percentage of U.S. employers and employees.

And, of course, when we all realize that the payroll "holiday" is a sham, did not help the economy in 2011, and will not work in 2012 either.

Congrats, Obama. I so look forward to hearing this foolish debate all over again in February.

No comments: